Join the team
Arundel Town Council
POST TITLE : Administration Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Town Clerk / Deputy Town Clerk
HOURS OF WORK: 87 hours per month. 5 day Monday to Friday Office based 9am til 1pm with some additional evening and occasional weekend work
SALARY : £9 per hour Holiday 22 days per annum
This post offers a challenging work load and the successful candidate will need to have the flexibility to handle a variety of general administration tasks including reception duties and dealing with the general public.
The role is part time with flexible working at approximately 87 hours per month, working in a small friendly team, which provides a wide range of quality services for the local community. The successful candidate will need to occasionally work at weekends for Civic Events and in the evenings for Council Meetings/Events.
• To help lead the transition to digital/cloud based ways of working throughout the organisation
• Prepare written correspondence
• Take Minutes at Meetings
• Diary Management and updating the Council’s website and social media accounts
• Reception duties and dealing with the general public
• Support Council committees and community events
• Highly Computer literate (MS Office Suite,Google docs).
• Experience of Website administration would be an advantage.
• Excellent administrative and typing skills.
• Used to working independently and on their own initiative.
• Well presented and a good communicator.
• Well organised, able to manage conflicting and pressurised deadlines.
• A true team player, who recognises that they form part of a wider team, and is willing to support colleagues whenever necessary
Please download an application form by visiting the Town Council Website
CV’s alone will not be accepted. A completed application form must be sent to [email protected]
Application deadline: 19th March 2018
First interviews: w/c 26th March 2018
Second interviews: w/c 2nd April